From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] firefox 3.0.10 crashes
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 14:13:11
1 On Saturday 23 May 2009, dhk wrote:
2 > Paul Hartman wrote:
3 > > On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 4:52 PM, dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net> wrote:
4 > >> Ever since I upgraded firefox to version 3 it crashes when certain pages
5 > >> are opened. Currently I have version 3.0.10 and amd64. I've been
6 > >> hoping the problem would get fixed, but it hasn't been yet. For example
7 > >> I can not even go to ebay ( http://www.ebay.com ), the page flashes and
8 > >> then firefox crashes. Does anyone know what's causing this and how it
9 > >> can be fixed?
10 > >
11 > > My guess would be flash... try uninstalling flash, java,
12 > > nspluginwrapper, disabling add-ons, etc one by one until you find the
13 > > cause.
14 >
15 > It was the adobe-flash. I uninstalled it and all was fine. The emerge
16 > -pv adobe-flash looks like the following:
17 > [ebuild N ] www-plugins/adobe-flash-10.0.22.87 USE="32bit (multilib)".
18 >
19 > I installed it again and Firefox crashes on certain sites. So now it's
20 > uninstalled again. At least Firefox is stable now. Is there a flash
21 > that works?
22
23 If you are on amd64 you could specify the -32bit use flag.
24
25 HTH
26 -Robin
27 --
29 Robin Atwood.
30
31 "Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
32 Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
33 from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling