From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] About vbox vm kernel config
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 03:16:11
1 I want to install gentoo as guest with VirtualBox. Host is windows 7.
2
3 In the past I've lost lots of time doing this: Getting the right
4 drivers into the kernel build.
5
6 My equipment is nothing weird... a Sager NP8760 Laptop with an older
7 i7 and 8GB ram.
8
9 I wondered if anyone can offer a `.config' for a very recent kernel or
10 at least not ancient that they know will build a bootable (in the env
11 mentinoed above) kernel.
12
13 I've been off this list for many months, but have spent yrs
14 here... recently been running debian but spent something like 7-8 yrs
15 on gentoo.
16
17 Anything that might ease the process of building a functional setup as
18 vbox guest would be most welcome here.