From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Installation problems
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 20:34:42
1 On Wednesday 18 July 2007 12:33:20 Hendrik Boom wrote:
2 > After my son, Henk Boom, who was an earlier gentoo adopter in my
3 > household, showed me just where the net.eth1 symlink had to go, it all
4 > boots properly.  Thanks.  I had never dreamed that firewire would be
5 > recognised as an ethernet!
6
7 Glad to help.
8 Not sure of the use of firewire ethernet anymore personally, gig ethernet is
9 just as easy and available. But hey, doesn't hurt.
10 For some reason I enabled it on my laptop at some distant point in the past
11 and experienced exactly the same as you, never bothered to remove it and
12 never used it either.
15 Mike Williams
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list