From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Permissions of /etc/sudoers
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 00:01:54
1 On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 5:52 PM, b.n. <brullonulla@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Michael Hentsch ha scritto:
3 >> The file /etc/sudoers should always be edited with visudo. visudo uses
4 >> file locking, provides basic sanity checks and checks for parse errors.
5 >
6 > This always made me crazy.
7 >
8 > Why, why, why should I use a specialized editor to edit a system file?
9 > It's not like we have vixorgconf, vifstab. You are welcome to edit these
10 > files with any editor you like. Why is /etc/sudoers special?
11
12 I guess an error in sudoers could allow the whole world to use sudo,
13 and someone decided to give this special cushion to this program and
14 none of the others that can also ruin your system in various other
15 ways. :)
16
17 Paul