From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: New mobo change
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 21:19:19
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I ordered the new mobo as much as I needed to wait. The mobo is the
5 > same brand but a different chipset and a couple other things are
6 > different. I have already built a kernel for those changes. I plan to
7 > put everything on the old mobo on the new mobo. That includes the CPU.
8 > I'm pretty sure this will not be needed but want to ask to be sure. Do
9 > I need to do a emerge -e world or should it "just work" like it is?
10 > Since the CPU is going to be the exact same CPU, I'm thinking it is not
11 > needed. I do have march=native set in make.conf.
12 >
13 > Thoughts? Thanks.
14 >
15 > Dale
16 >
17 > :-) :-)
18 >
19 > P. S. I think this is the most I have ever spent on a mobo. $120.00
20 > with shipping.
24 Here is another update. I currently have the new mobo in the puter.
25 The only port that works is the 3.0 ports. None of the other ports
26 work. I mean nothing. When I plug my cell phone in, it doesn't even
27 get power much less see it. When I plug the mouse in, the light doesn't
28 come on. It's just plain dead. While in the BIOS, the mouse works in
29 any USB port. So, I got the USB 3 ports working but something is
30 killing the other ports. Nothing I plug into the USB 1/2 ports works
31 outside of BIOS.
32
33 I still think this is a kernel issue. I just don't know which part. I
34 have tried switching stuff on/off and such but nothing works. I'm
35 thinking about putting my sledge hammer to work. :/
36
37 What do I need to post so someone can compare this to something that
38 works? I'll post the whole kernel config if needed/requested. If you
39 just need certain parts, just let me know what to grep for.
40
41 Thanks. I'll be beating on it until I hear some more ideas from y'all.
42
43 Dale
44
48 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!