From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage getting mixed up with USE?
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 00:11:52
1 On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 18:56:19 -0400, Mike Edenfield wrote:
2
3 > I thought the old behavior was "portage would tell me why it's not going
4 > to do anything", vs. the new behavior of "portage will tell me why it's
5 > not going to do anything, plus offer to fix it for me."
6
7 Not quite. The old behaviour was that portage would tell you the first
8 reason it wasn't going to do anything. You had to fix that and try again
9 to get the second reason, again and again.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 Minds are like parachutes; they only function when fully open. * Sir
16 James Dewar