From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: baselayout upgrade
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 18:51:59
1 On Sonntag 01 August 2010, James wrote:
2 > James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:
3 >
4 > Here's a dev_debate that really muddies these
5 > baselayout waters (at least from where I sit).
6 >
7 > http://www.listware.net/201007/gentoo-dev/9517-gentoo-dev
8 > -the-future-of-sys-appsopenrc-in-gentoo.html
9 >
10 > Any discussion or guidance is welcome!
13 > James
14
15 if it works for you and there is nothing you miss then don't change anything.
16
17 I went down the bl2/openrc path a long time ago and there were some unpleasant
18 moments. But overall it was ok.
19
20 At the moment 'devfs' needs almost a freaking minute to start and I have no
21 clue why.