From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ECC-ram, it is worth it.
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:25:14
1 On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 6:14 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann
2 <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > pretty easy actually. When I looked for ECC support, ALL Asus boards
5 > supported it officially - and a whole bunch of Gigabyte boards according
6 > to their forums.
9 Interesting, the Gigabyte board I'm using makes no mention of it.
10 Just something that needs to be considered up-front.
11
12 It is still a constraint though - if only 10% of the boards support
13 ECC on the AMD side, then you're committing to an AMD CPU, and you may
14 find it harder to find the other features you're looking for (number
15 of RAM slots, PCI(e) ports, SATA ports, SLI/crossfire, clock control,
16 good price, etc).
17
18 Rich