From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A Theoretical install Question
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 00:53:48
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2 > On Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2007, burlingk@×××××××××.mil wrote:
5 >> I think that I will probably be better off doing a stage three
6 >> install, then doing an 'emerge -euD world' or similar before
7 >> moving on from there. After that, I can just make sure to watch
8 >> the FAQ's and walkthroughs when I install Xorg to make sure that
9 >> I do it right. ^_^
12 > why? there is no need to do that. emerge -u --newuse world would be much
13 > more 'interessting'. Btw, an deep world update ruined most of my weekend...
14 > don't do --deep if you don't have to.
18 Funny, I sync every few days or so and always do a emerge -uvD world. I
19 have less problems with that than just doing a -u world.
20
21 Maybe it is when you do things consistantly that keeps things going
22 well. ;-)
23
24 Dale
25
29 www.myspace.com/-remove-me-dalek1967
30
31 Copy n paste then remove the -remove-me- part.