From: Fredrik Andersson <sedrik@×××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge hints needed
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 08:41:35
1 On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 6:44 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Bill Kenworthy wrote:
4 >
5 >> Some time back I saw someone mention a way to get emerge to install an
6 >> ebuild with a bad digest - man emerge shows nothing so can someone give
7 >> me a hint. It was much easier than going down the ebuild path.
11 > I think it is --digest. I don't see it in the man page so you may have to
12 > do that with the ebuild command and the manifest option. See man page to
13 > make sure.
14 >
15 > I will also add, you should not do this unless it passed the first test and
16 > you had to edit the file for some reason. It could be corrupt or altered in
17 > some unknown way otherwise.
20 ebuild <path-to-ebuild> --digest
24 > Also, I am in the process of rescuing a system from the
25 >> e2fs/util-linux/device-mapper snafu and find that now I have it booted
26 >> re-emerging util-linux wont overwrite the files I manually installed to
27 >> replace the missing ones - necessitating manually rm'ing some 50 or so
28 >> files - is there a way to force emerge to ignore file collisions and
29 >> just overwrite them in this circumstance?
30 >>
31 >> BillK
36 > I think you are looking for this option with emerge:
37 >
38 > --noconfmem
39 > Causes portage to disregard merge records indicating that a
40 > config file inside of a CONFIG_PRO-
41 > TECT directory has been merged already. Portage will normally
42 > merge those files only once to
43 > prevent the user from dealing with the same config multiple
44 > times. This flag will cause the file
45 > to always be merged.
46 >
47 > Keep in mind that it will replace whatever it emerges which may include
48 > dependencies. I have never used that option before so be forewarned if it
49 > does.
50 >
51 > Hope that helps.
52 >