From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] java replacement
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 10:27:43
1 On 25/01/17 18:15, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 18:03:19 +0800, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
3 >
4 >> The java 8u112 download that the latest oracle java pulls in requires an
5 >> invasive questionnaire to create an Oracle account to enable the
6 >> download.
7 >
8 > I downloaded jdk-8u121-linux-x64.tar.gz a few days ago, using the URL in
9 > the elog message. I had to agree to a licence agreement, but no other
10 > information was requested.
14 Now accepting the licence agreement mousetraps you (cant go back) to an
15 oracle login/account creation. "Downloading these releases requires an
16 oracle.com account. If you don't have an oracle.com account you can use
17 the links on the top of this page to learn more about it and register
18 for one for free." is at the top of the page the elog message links to.
19
20 Looks like a trap to get a commercial contact for whatever company you
21 work for. Mentions "Only developers and Enterprise administrators should
22 download these releases." Recent change?
25 BillK