From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: lazy gcc switching
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 07:32:17
1 On Thursday 22 July 2010 23:04:03 Bill Longman wrote:
2 > On 07/22/2010 12:49 PM, walt wrote:
3 > > On 07/21/2010 03:18 PM, Bill Longman wrote:
4 > >> Might I suggest a small hardware upgrade:
5 > >>
6 > >>
7 > >> http://www.supermicro.com/Aplus/motherboard/Opteron6100/SR56x0/H8QGi-F.c
8 > >> fm
9 > >
10 > > Hey, where's the parallel port for my Epson MX-80 printer?
11 >
12 > You're aging yourself, Walt. Some of us have actually used these, let
13 > alone know what they are.
14
15 I had an MX-80 too! Used it for years. Then I sold it to my boss at the time
16 for printing invoices and it's still running to this day (7 years later)
17
18 > And once Alan gets this puppy pried into his laptop chassis, I want to
19 > see the power supply connector.
20
21 Um, yeah, small problem with that. I went to chat to my facilities guys about
22 the power needs. We have to book out power so the UPS doesn't complain (I
23 blame it on the World Cup). His answer:
24
25 "You want HOW MANY fscking amps???!!!!!??? I have entire banking systems that
26 use less than that!!!!"
30 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com