From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Build librsvg-2.34.2 Error
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 17:17:36
1 On Fri, 3 Feb 2012 10:22:21 -0500
2 Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > To install cairo, try
5 > >
6 > > emerge x11-libs/cairo
7 > >
8 > > Assuming that works, try
9 > >
10 > > emerge --resume
11 > >
12 > > If the build works, you should be good. If you get the same error,
13 > > then you should file a bug report at bugs.gentoo.org.
14 >
15 > Actually, you should file a bug report either way, but the nature of
16 > the bug is different. If emerging cairo fixes the build error, then
17 > there's a dependency missing in the ebuild. If emerging cairo doesn't
18 > fix the build error, something else is broken that I don't have a clue
19 > about.
20
21 I remember many times in the past having to deal with missing cairo.h
22 and every time it was either that cairo's build was stuffed or the
23 ebuild I was trying to emerge was stuffed.
24
25 Bloody devs who insist on continually moving things around. Anyway, in
26 each case a symlink to the offending file would fix it. But this hasn't
27 happened in a long time now, maybe as much as a year.
32 Alan McKinnnon
33 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com