From: Stefano Crocco <stefano.crocco@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub vs grub 2
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 18:05:50
1 Il giorno Tue, 14 Feb 2012 17:36:28 +0000 (UTC)
2 james <wireless@×××××××××××.com> ha scritto:
3
4 > Googling around, I get the impression
5 > that 'grub' is now grub 2. Is that
6 > correct?
7 >
8 > In portage I see grub-static
9 > (GRUB Legacy boot loader)
10 > with version numbers that coincide with
11 > "grub" (grub2 ?).
12 >
13 > If grub2 has replaced "grub-1" what (gentoo)
14 > version number did grub2 first take take?
15 >
16 > What was the last (gentoo) version number for
17 > grub 1 that was actually grub1 , or have I
18 > confused these details?
19 >
20 > I cannot seem to find these details in the release
21 > notes or as part of the sourcecode. Any suggestions
22 > on that would be keen.
23 >
24 > James
28 If I understand correctly your question, versions 0.9x are grub 1, while
29 versions 1.9x are grub 2. You can also distinguish them according to their
30 slots: grub 1 ebuilds have slot 0, while grub 2 ebuilds have slot 2.
31
32 Stefano