From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: DRM Permissions problems with fglrx driver
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 18:52:12
1 Andrew Syrewicze wrote:
2 > Hello List,
3 >
4 > This is probably something really simple, but if you don't know, you
5 > just don't know. I tried looking around on the forums a bit and didn't
6 > find anything there either.
7 >
8 > I just finished installing the ATI-drivers package, and succesfully got
9 > X running with the ATI generated xorg.conf file. When i run glxgears as
10 > a standard user i get the following:
11 >
12 > ~ $ glxgears
13 > libGL error: open DRM failed (Operation not permitted)
14 > libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
15 > 4642 frames in 5.1 seconds = 913.481 FPS
16
17 You need to make the DRI devices world writable. Append this to your
18 xorg.conf:
19
20 Section "DRI"
22 EndSection