From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Showing installed packages that aren't in portage tree(s)
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 07:54:39
1 On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
3 >>
4 >> Just what I needed. Thanks!
8 > Let me also add that the output has changed.  I tried to clean up some
9 > package.* files a while back and it turned into a mess.  Before you change a
10 > file, make a backup just in case.  It seems to list some things that maybe
11 > it shouldn't.  Maybe I am missing something somewhere but it isn't the way
12 > it used to be.  I need to run it and just sit and study the list and test
13 > some things.  There may be some rhyme or reason for what it is doing that I
14 > just don't see yet
15
16 Fear not, the redundant / missing flags in my package.xxx files are
17 more of an out-of-sight, out-of-mind thing for me. I figure they're
18 not breaking anything nor adding that much cruft by just being there.
19 Crufty packages though, bug me, especially when they block my
20 upgrades/revdeps/uninstalls.
23 This email is: [ ] actionable [ ] fyi [x] social
24 Response needed: [ ] yes [ ] up to you [x] no
25 Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [ ] soon [x] none