From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: heat codes
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 01:23:38
1 Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin <at> googlemail.com> writes:
4 > em, but you are already monitoring it!
5
6 Maybe. It hard to tell if there are more than one
7 temperature sensor, what buss interfacet they are on
8 and if it is a calculated or esitmated or actual temperature
9 sensor.
12 > >> Does anyone with similar hardware have a more extensive list?
13 > no, that is all you got.
14
15 That's pretty sad. All that hardware and 3 temps....
18 > >> What I'd really like is a very fast (real time?) gui to watch
19
20 > you won't get that, because the senors don't update in 'realtime'.
21
22 Sure. But if I knew of a relatively consistent delay semantic,
23 I could align the delays in temperature sensing with what's going
24 on with code compiling or execution; even if it is a rough estimate.
27 > watch -n1 sensors.
28
29 not bad. for quick checks.
30
31 > Works even without systemd. Shocking, I know.
32
33 As usual, your insight and singular wit makes for pleasurable reading.
34
35 thx,
36 James