From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Understand Portage not
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 06:14:20
1 Silvio Siefke writes:
2
3 > i try to build freecad from source, in Portage is mask. I try to build
4 > the requirements, but i understand really
5 > not what portage me say with this message.
6 >
7 > !!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been
8 > pulled !!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:
9 >
10 > The complete message found here > http://nopaste.info/c7ead120ee.html
11
12 I think attaching that is considered to be more appropriate, as we
13 don't know whether nopaste.info will be available for as long as the mail
14 archives.
15
16 I don't really understand the problem, as the multiple package instances
17 seem to have the same version. But maybe it helps to add --tree to the
18 options, this shows which stuff gets pulled in why.
19 And maybe adding --update --deep may sort things out. I also had success
20 sometimes with doing what the output says, adding --backtrack=30.
21
22 Wonko