From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to get rid of 32bits libraries
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 02:15:08
1 On 17/01/16 10:32, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'd like to get rid of all 32bits libraries. There are only two packages which I'd like to keep and which need some 32bits libraries.
5 > That's
6 > dev-util/android-sdk-update-manager and app-text/acroread
7 > both of which I use only occasionally.
8
9 Look in your make.conf and see if ABI_X86 is defined there. If yes,
10 delete it. Then, in your package.use, at the very top, the first line
11 should be:
12
13 */* -abi_x86_32
14
15 This disables the "abi_x86_32" USE flag on all packages that have it.
16 You can then add the "abi_x86_32" USE flag to individual packages on a
17 per-needed basis.
18
19 If your package.use is a directory, make sure to put that line on a file
20 that's looked up first (for example "000-abi", the zeroes in front will
21 make sure this file is parsed first).
22
23 Then:
24
25 emerge -auDN --with-bdeps=y @world
26
27 should take care of doing the needed rebuilds.
30 > Is it possible to install this on /usr/local in such a way that it doesn't interfere with my standard Gentoo installation on /usr?
31
32 Not sure what you mean with "interfere." Why would it interfere with
33 anything? If there's file collisions, portage will point them out to you.