From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [ot] no more inodes
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 13:37:57
1 On Fri, 29 May 2009 19:39:09 -0600, Maxim Wexler wrote:
2
3 > > I found the best way to deal with the Eee 900's two drives was to
4 > > create a small root partition (I used 200M) and swap on sda. Then
5 > > make the rest of sda and all of sdb into an LVM volume group. I still
6 > > use ext3 for /, but it contains so little that inodes are not an
7 > > issue. You definitely want to get /usr/portage, $PORTAGE_TMPDIR and
8 > > $DISTDIR off the root partition.
9 >
10 > Just got back from Circuit City or whatever it's called with a 16G SD
11 > card and I'm steeling myself for the big task ahead. Just what do you
12 > have under root? How did you format the rest?
13
14 My SD card is not part of the volume group. The Eee PC 900 has two SSDs
15 internally, one at 4GB and one at 16GB (for the Linux version). The root
16 partiton only contains what needs to be there: /boot, /etc, /bin, /lib
17 and /sbin. Everything else (/usr, /var, /home, /opt) is on the VG.
18 $PORTAGE_TMPDIR and $DISTDIR and on a network mount.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Sir! Romulan warbird decloaki»®õ÷üÁ NO CARRIER