From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lvm problem(s)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:02:26
1 On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:52:28 -0600, Maxim Wexler wrote:
2
3 > Locking type 1 initialisation failed
4 > Couldn't find devices with uuid etc...
5
6 Just a guess, but it could be that it takes a while for the card reader
7 to recognise the card after the module is loaded.
8
9 I wouldn't put part of an LVM on an SD card though, they are too
10 unreliable. I do have an SD card mounted from /etc/fstab though, and it
11 doesn't have any problems, although there was a time when it wouldn't
12 mount that early in the boot sequence.
13
14
15 --
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 The people who are wrapped up in themselves are overdressed.