From: Carlos Sura <carlos.sura1@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] HAL or UDEV...
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 19:45:01
1 Hello,
2
3 I just have one question, reciently I read in a forum that HAL might be
4 deprecated on Gentoo, so, I started using UDEV:
5
6 USE=" -hal udev"
7
8 But, then I have this problem, updating xorg-server won't work, every new
9 version of xorg-server just give me a blank screen, so I thought it might be
10 something with HAL or UDEV.
11
12 I would like to know if someone could tell me if I should be using HAL or
13 UDEV? I want to know more, differences, etc.
14
15 Anyway, my system is: ~AMD64
16 My current xorg-server version: x11-base/xorg-server-1.9.5
17
18 I have masked the following xorg-server versions, because they don't work
19 for me:
20 =x11-base/xorg-server-1.10.0.901
21 =x11-base/xorg-server-1.10.0.902
22 =x11-base/xorg-server-1.10.1