From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] ffmpeg video+audio capture question
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 20:23:50
1 On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 02:09:58PM +0100, Mick wrote
2 >
3 > I suggest you give jackd a spin.
4
5 There appear to be "media-sound/jack" and "media-sound/jack2" ebuilds.
6 Both of them are tagged "~amd64". There's also
7 media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit Which one(s) do I use?
8
9 > It should what you want, but may I ask why you need to record off
10 > your browser whatever youtube shows? Can't you use youtube-dl to
11 > download the youtube video/audio?
12
13 Youtube is a bad example to use. There are various other HTML5
14 streaming websites, which don't work with youtube-dl. Plus I also want
15 to be able to record video games and any other desktop app in general.
16 What I want is to "tee" the audio output so that I can record while
17 monitoring it.
20 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
21 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications