From: David W Noon <dwnoon@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Who believes in cylinders?
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 20:29:33
1 On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 20:10:02 +0100, Andrea Conti wrote about Re:
2 [gentoo-user] Re: Who believes in cylinders?:
3
4 >> Many years ago I wrote an OS/2 program to handle all of this.
5 >> Perhaps I should blow the dust off it, convert it to use POSIX
6 >> functions and publish it as FOSS.
7 >
8 >Why reinvent the wheel? Just use 'sfdisk -d'.
9
10 No reinvention required: I already have an old wheel in the garage.
11
12 There are already several Linux programs that can display partition
13 tables, and present them in a manner more useful than a dd of some
14 bytes from the MBR: fdisk, sfdisk, parted, etc. Mine would simply be
15 another.
16 --
17 Regards,
18