From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Finding which package requires another
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:12:30
1 On 4/24/06, Michael J. Barillier <blackwolf@××××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > I've removed Apache from my system (using `emerge -C') in order to use a
3 > version I've compiled/installed to /usr/local. My world file has no
4 > traces of apache, php, apr or apr-util, nor can I see anything in there
5 > that should require Apache be installed. `equery depends apache'
6 > reports nothing, yet when I run `emerge -pvuD world', emerge wants to
7 > re-install Apache, PHP and everything else I've removed.
8 >
9 > Am I correct that `equery depends apache' should list the packages that
10 > require Apache? If that's the case, then is there something cached or
11 > in another file that makes Gentoo think it needs to re-install Apache?
12 >
13 > thx -
14 >
15 > --
16 > Michael J. Barillier /// http://www.blackwolfinfosys.net/~blackwolf/
17 > .O. | ``Experience with many protocols has shown that protocols with
18 > ..O | few options tend towards ubiquity, whereas protocols with many
19 > OOO | options tend towards obscurity.'' -- RFC 2821
20 > --
21 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
25 Use the --tree option of emerge to see wich package is pulling apache.
26 --
27 Daniel da Veiga
28 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list