From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 4 hard freeze
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 20:17:33
1 On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 03:53:39PM -0400, Willie Wong wrote:
2 > Hi list,
3 >
4 > I'm running into some weird problem. Firefox was upgraded to version 4
5 > a few days ago. And up until last night I have had no problems with
6 > it. Starting this morning, however, it seems that Firefox would freeze
7 > up whenever I touch the keyboard with the window in focus!
8 >
9 > I can open new tabs, go visit links in the history, etc, with no
10 > problems. But any keyboard input (hitting Ctrl-t for new tab, Ctrl-n
11 > for new Window, or trying to enter an address into the address bar)
12 > completely freezes the program.
15 Update: seems that only some keyboard input is affected. For example,
16 arrow keys for scrolling, and typing things in text/input boxes on
17 webpages are fine. But "hotkeys" interacting with Firefox, or typing
18 in the Address bar or Search bar freezes the program.
19
20 W
21 --
22 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
23 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
24 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton