From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] which package provides a given library?
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:56:15
1 On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:39:33 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > I was discussing this with one of the devs in the company this
4 > morning, and we both want to know how to determine which
5 > ebuild(s) will install a certain binary/lib that isn;t
6 > installed yet. Is there an app that does this?
7
8 No, partly because the installed files depend on USE flags etc. It's not
9 like a binary distro when you can just keep a database of the contents of
10 each package. The web page I posted does a good job of this though.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.