From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kwrite and CPU usage and locking up when scrolling
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:35:31
1 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 27 February 2007, Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> wrote about 'Re:
3 > [gentoo-user] Kwrite and CPU usage and locking up when scrolling':
4 >
5 >> Alan McKinnon wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> On Monday 26 February 2007, Dale wrote:
8 >>>
9 >>>> hmmmm, I have used less for a lot for things but not files this big.
10 >>>> I could wear out my page down key.
11 >>>>
12 >>> big files the size of emerge.log (8M on my machine) is exactly what
13 >>> less excels at. The most useful key is of course "/" which lets you
14 >>> enter a string of text to search for, then 'q" to quit and "h"
15 >>> displays a help screen
16 >>>
17 >
18 > '
19 >
20 > Close your single-quotes man! You've turned the rest of your post into a
21 > non-interpolated string! ;)
24 >> My thing is getting to the bottom of the page in one key stroke. Maybe
25 >> I need to man less and read a bit. :/
28 > I believe 'G' should do this.
32 I did what with quotes?
33
34 'G', that works. I sort of got two out of one on that one. LOL
35
36 Dale
37
41 www.myspace.com/dalek1967