From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Grub1: Cant ? Re: keeping grub 1
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 19:40:28
1 On 2015-08-27, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > You beat me to it. Yes GRUB2 can be installed on a partition instead
4 > of the MBR and yes it complains about it. However, it works
5 > regardless.
6
7 I know it has worked in the past, and I know that recent versions of
8 some distros that use Grub2 still allow you to pick a partition for
9 the bootloader during the install.
10
11 > I have done it a couple of times so far, just as you describe above.
12 > In my case I chainload GRUB2 with NTLDR or modern equivalent and this
13 > is how I know that the MBR was not being overwritten by it.
16 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I'm dressing up in
17 at an ill-fitting IVY-LEAGUE
18 gmail.com SUIT!! Too late...