From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge advises upgrade profile
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:44:27
1 Jonathan Callen <abcd@g.o> writes:
2
3 > Harry Putnam wrote:
4 >> In fact what does `developer' buy you?
5 >
6 > Among other things, it enables I_KNOW_WHAT_I_AM_DOING, which tells you
7 > the expected audience :). Seriously, the developer profiles are mainly
8 > for Gentoo Devs, people who are going to be doing a lot of debugging and
9 > testing of ebuilds. If you don't know if this is you, it isn't.
10
11 He he... well put I guess... but I've found over time in other aspects
12 of the linux/unix world... that what is intended for devs or other
13 `adepts' can often have useful stuff even for a pea-brain like me.
14
15 It doesn't mean you have to get involved in actual developement.