From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Simple video editing
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2016 17:04:35
1 On 6 February 2016 12:32:54 GMT+00:00, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> [16-02-06 13:12]:
3 > > I'm looking for a simple video editor to remove commercials from
4 > recorded
5 > > videos (MP4 format). I don't need fancy effects and I would prefer
6 > not to
7 > > transcode the video, just drop the bits I don't need. MythTV does
8 > this
9 > > very nicely with MPEG-1 videos, does anyone have any recommendations
10 > for
11 > > newer formats?
12 > >
13 > > Note: I have used eix before, I'm looking for recommendations not
14 > search
15 > > results.
18 > > --
19 > > Neil Bothwick
20 > >
21 > > I doubt therefore I might be.
24 > Hi Neil,
25 >
26 > exactly for the same purpose I use avidemux:
27 > media-libs/avidemux-core
28 > media-libs/avidemux-plugins
29 > media-video/avidemux
30 >
31 > Before doing something serious with it, make a copy
32 > of any video you have and figure out, where the 'A'
33 > and 'B' marks start and end...its annoying to have
34 > one GOP of a commercial left in the middle of an action
35 > scene... ;)
36 >
37 > Last thing:
38 > You need to cut this way:
39 >
40 > The stream:
41 > Start of the GOP...delta image...delta image...delta image...delta
42 > image
43 > Start of the next GOP...delta image...delta image...delta
44 > image...delta image
45 >
46 > You can put the 'A' mark anyway between the start of the GOP and the
47 > end of the GOP. BUT you need to put the 'B' mark exactly at the start
48 > of the next GOP.
49 > By switching between the 'A' mark and the 'B' mark before cutting, you
50 > can see whether the images will fit together...
51 >
52 > Sometime you have to move the 'A' mark a delta image forth or back...
53 >
54 > Often a couple of GOPS are repeated after the commercial has ended.
55 >
56 > Good luck!
57 > Best regards,
58 > Meino
59
60 Thanks Meino, and everyone else who suggested avidemux. I've used that before but forgot all about it. It seems to do the job nicely.
61 --
62 Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.