From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev rules for an iPod Touch?
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 15:39:46
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 7:10 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Mark Knecht wrote:
4 >>> I hope anyone reading who doesn't donate will at least consider donating.
5 >>> Even donating once a year is a big help. It's not painful and whole blood
6 >>> donations are easy. I do apheresis which takes longer as it draws my blood,
7 >>> separates the contents, keeps the plasma& platelets and then returns the
8 >>> rest of my blood back to my body. (Spooky!) ;-) Cheers, Mark
9 >> I would draw the line at it coming back. If something wasn't cleaned right,
10 >> they will find it when they test the blood later. Thing is, if something
11 >> wasn't cleaned right, you get it back. I'd just drink a glass of orange
12 >> juice. lol
13 >>
14 >> Dale
15 > Yeah, that was my concern before I started doing the process it but
16 > it's a very interesting engineering solution to building a closed
17 > system where everything is put in brand new for each donation. It's
18 > this huge package of plastic tubes and hoses which are sealed until
19 > moments before the blood draw so I'm not overly worried, but it's
20 > really easy to understand why others would be, and for those folks
21 > they should just do whole blood donations which only take blood out
22 > and nothing returns. With those it's only a matter of a clean needle.
23 >
24 > - Mark
28 Well, if they do all that, then I could see how that isn't a problem. I
29 still sort of like the one clean needle thing tho. I got enough health
30 issues so I don't need some microscopic critter hitching a ride and
31 making more problems for me. So, be careful. Keep a eye on them.
32 Wouldn't want to lose a Gentoo user. ^_^
33
34 Dale
35