From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde 4.6.x going stable?
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 23:07:09
1 On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 21:53:05 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
2
3 > But, I'm just curious as to when kde 4.6.x will go stable. for
4 > amd64?
5
6 "As for future stabilization, 4.6.1 could be a possible candidate."
7
8 An as yet unreleased version may possibly be stabilised. I think that
9 makes it fairly clear that there is no firm date for stabilising 4.6.
10
11 It would be wrong to stabilise such a major component without thorough
12 testing. You have the choice of being patient while others do the testing
13 or joining the process.
14
15 If you want 4.6 now, that pages tells you how to get it. If you don't
16 want to run testing software, you'll have to give others a chance to test
17 it for you.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Windows95 - crash compatible on Windows 3.x