From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Integrated ZFS for Gentoo - WAS Re: [gentoo-user] Optional /usr merge in Gentoo
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 18:45:15
1 On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 2013-08-31 1:10 AM, Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Sounds like an awful lot of trouble for a "problem" that's already solved
5 >> by
6 >> installing sys-kernel/module-rebuild and running "module-rebuild rebuild"
7 >> after every kernel update, which is how nvidia, broadcom, and other
8 >> kernel modules are dealt painlessly with anyways...
11 > You must have missed the point that this is for *servers*, that most people
12 > *disable modules* on. I *know* that it is available as a module.
16 Ok, I was just asking. But as for what "most people" do on their servers,
17 speak for yourself.
20 This email is: [ ] actionable [ ] fyi [x] social
21 Response needed: [ ] yes [ ] up to you [x] no
22 Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [ ] soon [x] none