From: Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@××××××××××××××.hr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge --sync
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 05:11:55
1 On 161024-22:27+0200, Alarig Le Lay wrote:
2 > On Mon Oct 24 15:49:09 2016, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 > > Why not just share everything via bind mounts in this case? I'd think
4 > > that would have less overhead than rsync/http and then you're not
5 > > storing files twice.
6 >
7 > Because I have several host boxes and I build the packages on only one.
8
9 I used to have 3 (even 4) same-hardware machines (well same MBO really)
10 in daily use, and the local mirror is not an overkill long run. And if
11 you look for security, then also Air-Gapping and cloning is a perfect
12 solution, because you get a clean clone for online with an Air-Gapped
13 that does not see online...
14
15 Some peple like rather btrfs ...
16
17 I had written a lot about Air-Gapped and cloning on the Forums, but
18 maybe moderators would call it "blogging" if I gave you the link.
19
20 btrfs I never used OTOH.
23 Miroslav Rovis
24 Zagreb, Croatia