From: Kyle Bader <kyle.bader@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] usb HD cannot boot without initramfs
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 00:28:08
1 Scsi support maybe?
2
3 On 12/17/09, Bruce Hill <bruce@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 09:14:48AM +0800, Xi Shen wrote:
5 >> ok. but it looks like the gmail web client encourage top post ;)
6 >
7 > That doesn't make it easy to read. This is how we see it when you top-post:
8 >
9 > A: Because you are doing it wrong.
10 >
11 >> >> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Alan McKinnon
12 >> >> <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
13 >> >> wrote:
14 >
15 > then you didn't trim other junk that is irrelevant.
16 >
17 > Q. Why is my mouse eating all the cheese when I configured it "no cheese"?
18 >
19 >> i compiled the uhci and ehci into the kernel. i need to double check
20 >> the usb_storage thing. maybe this is the thing i missed.
21 >
22 > UHCI is for Intel and VIA ... OHCI for others (these are both USB 1.0{1}
23 > EHCI is for all USB 2.0
24 >
25 > Make sure you have the correct UHCI/OHCI ... you only need one of those.
26 > --
27 > "Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the
28 > lesson afterward. But properly learned, the lesson forever changes
29 > the man."
34 Sent from my mobile device
37 Kyle