From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Add a module post kernel config/build
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:55:19
1 On Wednesday 18 April 2007 10:15:12 reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > Summary:
3 > How can I add an additional module once I've configured/built a kernel?
4 >
5 > Details: After looking thru the handbook, especially section about
6 > kernel config, I don't see information about how to add a module once
7 > a kernel is built and running.
8 >
9 > Using `genkernel all' on latest sources (linux-2.6.20-gentoo-r6) I
10 > ended up with no `fuse' module.
11 >
12 > Far as I know I've been getting a fuse module when using `genkernal'
13 > on previous kernels.
14 >
15 > What is proceedure for adding that module now?
16
17 genkernel --menuconfig all
18
19 You can also add --no-clean and --no-menuconfig to stop it clearing out
20 already compiled code, but you run the risk to getting symbols messed up
21 (quite unlikely though).
24 Mike Williams
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list