From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using a remote DVD writer
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 13:23:23
1 On Tuesday 28 November 2006 11:50, Mick wrote:
2
3 > Hi All,
4 >
5 > My laptop does not have a DVD writer, only a DVD/CD player. On the
6 > other hand, my desktop has the works. Other than booting the desktop
7 > in Gentoo and burning DVDs directly, is there a way to use it remotely
8 > from my laptop? Can I define in K3B my desktop's DVD drive(s)? How
9 > can I set this up for a LAN connection?
10 >
11 > While at it, is there a way to achieve this at all when the desktop is
12 > not running Gentoo, but WinXP?
13 >
14 > PS. I do not currently have SAMBA configured on either box.
15
16 You might try webcdwriter, it's in portage. It lets you write CDs and
17 DVDs remotely using a web interface to control the process.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list