From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Getting direct rendering (DRI) to work with ATI 9550 video card
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 20:56:47
1 John Lange schreef:
2 > but I'm clueless as to why libglx wouldn't be working.
6 > (II) LoadModule: "glx" (WW) Warning, couldn't open module glx (II)
7 > UnloadModule: "glx" (EE) Failed to load module "glx" (module does not
8 > exist, 0)
9
10 The module not existing would seem to be a good reason that it doesn't
11 work :) .
12
13 I'm wondering if the drivers built correctly in the first place.
14
15 What version of the drivers, what kernel, is /usr/src/linux symlinked to
16 the actual kernel that you're running, and could you re-emerge the
17 ati-drivers package, watching *very* carefully for any messages that say
18 that DRI could not be built? (If such a message appears, the emerge will
19 complete 'normally', but the drivers won't work, as you might imagine.)
20
21 Holly
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list