From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] monitoring system resource usage
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 20:19:02
1 >>>> Can anyone recommend a method for monitoring system resource usage in
2 >>>> a way that would allow me to correlate a rise in my web server's
3 >>>> response time with the usage of a particular system resource if such a
4 >>>> correlation exists? I don't need it to be 100% accurate, just
5 >>>> accurate enough to be able to make the correlation with a reasonable
6 >>>> degree of certainty.
7 >>>>
8 >>>> - Grant
9 >>>
10 >>>
11 >>> http://munin-monitoring.org/
12 >>
13 >> Looks very cool indeed! I am reading more about it now. Do you find
14 >> it easy to set up and maintain?
15 >>
16 >> - Grant
19 > In my opinion it's very easy to setup. Basically you just merge it,
20 > enable your plugins (via symlink), add munin-node to the runlevel and
21 > make sure the munin cron job is enabled. Then just browse to
22 > http://localhost/munin
23 >
24 > There's also a entry on the gentoo wiki: http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Munin
25
26 Agreed! Although getting apache, mysql, and nginx plugins fully
27 working is proving to be a little trickier. To get those going it's
28 necessary to edit /etc/munin/plugin-conf.d/munin-node as well as some
29 apache and nginx config. Still working on getting it all 100%.
30
31 - Grant