From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: faded images with Gwenview
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 14:52:47
1 On 2021-09-13, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 03:57:55 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >
4 >> >> I've tried changing all the various settings in Gwenview config
5 >> >> separately, but nothing changes.
6 >> >
7 >> > Have you tried logging is as a new user with default Gwenview
8 >> > config?
9 >>
10 >> No : why would that be expected to help ?
11 >
12 > Because it would revert to a default config, instead of trying
13 > changes one at a time to see if anything makes a difference. If it
14 > doesn't happen with a new user, you know it is a configuration
15 > issue.
16
17 Or a caching issue. Some libraries cache stuff in a per-user cache
18 (often in ~/.cache). There's one Qt application upon which I rely
19 where the UI occassionally stops rendering. It worked fine if you
20 logged in as a new user, but wiping your config, logout, reboot, etc
21 and allowing it to default didn't help. I actually switched over
22 completely to a new use account once to avoid the problem. Later, I
23 figured out all I had to do was "rm -rf ~/.cache/<something>".