From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Compiling first and then installing using -K
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 19:24:54
1 On 17/02/2020 21:05, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > I wouldn't use a chroot for anything at this point - anything you can
3 > do with one you can do just as easily with a container, with more
4 > separation. They're just as easy to set up as well - I personally use
5 > nspawn to run my containers but I'm sure lxc is almost as simple and
6 > of course it doesn't require running systemd.
7
8 nspawn seems very nice indeed. Haven't used it before, and that's simply
9 because I never heard of it :-) Now that I did, it looks like it's what
10 I'll be using from now on:
11
12 https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd-nspawn
15 > Getting back to the original topic - you can just build binary
16 > packages for stuff like qt without using a container, but if you do so
17 > you won't be able to build more than one layer of dependencies.
18
19 Unfortunately, Qt depends on itself (qtgui depends on qtbase, for
20 example,) so you can't even do that.