From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cruft in /etc. How to clean in out.
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 14:41:14
1 Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Am Mittwoch 26 November 2008 14:53:59 schrieb ext Dale:
5 >> I got a old install, about 5 years or so. I got a lot of "stuff" in
6 >> /etc, and no telling where else, that belongs to nothing. Is there a
7 >> way, hopefully with something in portage, to clean out this unclaimed
8 >> "stuff"? I searched the forums but didn't find anything on there that
9 >> was recent at least. Found one about as old as my install tho. equery
10 >> list -p cruft didn't show anything either.
13 > Maybe you should search the forums for "cruft". I remember Ed (?) Catmur once
14 > posted a script or something there.
15 >
16 > HTH...
17 >
18 > Dirk
21 I'm not sure who wrote it but I did find a script. On the last post, it
22 said the script was outdated and the script was not being updated. I'm
23 sort of worried about using something that is known to be out of date.
24 Add in, I'm using the latest portage too. The script I found was around
25 a year or so old.
26
27 Considering that, any ideas?
28