From: Michael Hampicke <mgehampicke@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] static IP issue
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 12:12:26
1 2012/9/6 pat <pat@××××××××.org>
2
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > I've installed Gentoo into VirtualBox. I want it to has static IP address
6 > and
7 > I've followed Hand book instructions and the OpenRC/net.example. After
8 > reboot
9 > there's a warning: "WARNING: net.lo has already been started" and each
10 > network
11 > depending service failes to start with: "<service_name>: waiting for
12 > net.eth0
13 > (51)"; where the 51 is a time which decrements to 0.
14 >
15 > I've searched net, but without success :-\
16 >
17 > Can someone help me? The installation is fresh one.
20 Did you create a symlink for /etc/init.d/net.eth0 and did you add it to the
21 runlevel (rc-update add net.eth0 default)?