From: Christoph Gysin <cgysin@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: mar_doe@×××.de
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lost Labyrinth
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:15:10
1 Markus Döbele wrote:
2 > A few days ago we finally released the first final version of our game "Lost
3 > Labyrinth" for Linux.
4 > The newest version at the moment is 1.0.1.
5 >
6 > I also created a rpm version of the game. I have no idea yet what I have to do
7 > to make it easy to install for gentoo users.
8
9 We need a tarball witch includes everything needed to build the game. I found a
10 tarball with a binary version (laby_1.0.1.tar.gz) and a tarball with the
11 sourcefiles only, no graphics etc. (laby_source_1.0.1.tar.gz).
12
13 > Maybe you like to include our game in your distribution?
14 > Its only 4.4 MB big.
15
16 To get a chance of getting it included in the portage tree, you'll need to
17 provide a package with everything needed to build the game from source. Some
18 sort of build instruction would also be nice.
19
20 You will then need to open a bug on bugs.gentoo.org, requesting an ebuild for
21 your application. If there's someone willing to write an ebuild and a dev is
22 willing to maintain it, it'll be included in portage.
23
24 > Its a game like the old Roque and for Windows we have a lot of fans already.
25 > I would love it if we had a lot of Linux gamers too!
26
27 Then lets get started!
28
29 Christoph