From: Roman Zilka <rzilka@××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ATI 1900 & ati drivers
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:04:50
1 Hi,
2
3 for starters: what do your /etc/X11/xorg.conf and /var/log/Xorg.0.log
4 look like? What version of ati-drivers do you use? Have you tried
5 another version?
6
7 -Roman
10 > Hello,
11 >
12 > I first set the card up using the radeon open source drivers. The sceen clarity
13 > was not very good. The AMD64 system is find under XP, so the monitor and card
14 > function properly.
15 >
16 > I next tried the ati-binaries, trying what was suggested in several
17 > web pages.
18 >
19 > When I run startx, the screen just goes black.
20 > When I try to rund fglrxinfo (without x started up)
21 > I get:
22 > Error: unable to open display :0
23 >
24 > Here are the wikis I found: