From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google pop3 authentication failure
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 15:51:34
1 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > I started getting this today.
3 >
4 > fetchmail: Authorization failure on <myuserid>@pop.gmail.com
5 > fetchmail: For help, see http://www.fetchmail.info/fetchmail-FAQ.html#R15
6 > fetchmail: Query status=3 (AUTHFAIL)
7 >
8 > The fetchmail URL is not helpful at all. Here's the stanza for Gmail
9 > in my .fetchmailrc. What do I do now?
10 >
11 > poll pop.gmail.com protocol pop3:
12 > username "<myuserid>" password "*********" is "<localID>" here
13 > ssl
14 > fetchall
15 > mda "/usr/bin/procmail -m ~/.mailfilter/.procmailrc":
19 I ran into a failure a month or so ago.  See thread titled "Seamonkey
20 automatic email download after switch to Oauth2" that I started.  I had
21 to switch to Oauth2 to access my emails.  The switch itself went well
22 enough, just ran into another issue afterwards.  I suspect you are going
23 to have to change how it sends the user/password info as well.  At least
24 it is something you should check into.  It may be something else.
25 Google is switching off less secure methods to send the password and
26 such.  We got to adjust.
27
28 From what I've read, some don't like Oauth2 but I think it is all Google
29 supports for now.  I guess they are switching off by region or
30 something.  Others failed months ago, mine failed a month or so ago and
31 now yours has failed.
32
33 Hope that helps.  If not, I tried.  lol
34
35 Dale
36