From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Updating our live servers. I'm scared!
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 17:33:41
1 On 03/28/2013 01:16 PM, Nick Khamis wrote:
2 > So basically, no long weekend for me here in Canada. Thanks a lot guys
3 > for your time.Wish me luck. Happy easter/holidays!!!
6 I'm being a bit dramatic. I would plan on spending ~4 hours researching,
7 planning, and documenting the udev upgrade. Maybe an hour to execute it
8 in the middle of the night, physically present. You can expect around 15
9 minutes downtime if all goes well.
10
11 The rest of the updates you can do at your leisure, although the
12 critical services should be restarted and checked during off-hours.