From: Pupino <pupinux@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange Xorg behaviour, not (always) loading nvidia module
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 17:56:34
1 > All you have to do in order to get the proprietery nvidia drv working
2 > is:
3 >
4 > 1) make sure the open src nvidia drv is not built in-kernel or as kernel
5 > module:
6 >
7 > ========
8 > Location:
9 > -> Device Drivers
10 > -> Graphics support
11 > -> Support for frame buffer devices (FB [=n])
12 > -> nVidia Framebuffer Support = [N]
13 > ========
14 >
15 > 2) emerge nvidia-drivers
16 > 3) make sure /etc/X11/xorg.conf has >Driver "nvidia"<, not "nv" in
17 > section "Device"
18 > 4) eselect opengl set nvidia
19
20 Thanks for the help Daniel, but what you say hasn't fixed my problem...
21 I had framebuffer support in the kernel config, but not the nvidia fb
22 support, I've tried to remove it at all, but still doesn't work... the
23 other steps you have listed have already been done. In fact if I type
24 /etc/init.d/xdm restart after boot the driver is loaded correctly and
25 all works...
26
27 Davide
28 --