From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changed monitor and even the BIOS screen doesn't show up.
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 04:09:47
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> [10-12-14 05:04]:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I am in the process of switching from the old rig to the new rig.
5 > While doing the install I was using a Gateway EV700 monitor and it
6 > worked fine. I unhooked the cables from my old rig and moved in the
7 > new rig. The new monitor is a Gateway EV910. When I boot with the
8 > Gateway EV910 hooked up, it doesn't even come out of power saver mode
9 > or show the BIOS screen that pops up when I first turn the puter on.
10 > It does work with the one I used to install with, EV700. So, I know
11 > the card didn't mess up in the switch.
12 >
13 > Since it doesn't even work with the BIOS screen, this is not a OS
14 > issue. Is there some setting I have to change to be able to change
15 > monitors or am I just going nuts here? What is it about hooking up a
16 > different monitor that makes it not work? Both monitors support the
17 > same resolutions and I have switched these before with my old rig and
18 > not a single problem.
19 >
20 > What am I missing? Some new feature that the video card remembers what
21 > monitor it is supposed to hook up to?
22 >
23 > Thoughts? Fixes would be nice.
24 >
25 > Dale
26 >
27 > :-) :-)
30 Hi Dale,
31
32 just a shot in the dark (I did the same a few weeks ago):
33
34 May the non-working monitor has more than one input jack, say
35 HDMI, DVI and analog.
36
37 May be the monitor is set to await a signal at the HDMI input
38 and physically the signal is feed into the DVI input ?
39
40 HTH!
41
42 Best regards,